Christmas tree marble cake
For: 1 loaf tin
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 75 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
- Briefly mix the flour, baking power, a pinch of salt and whipping cream together.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and the mixture is creamy. Then add the eggs and beat again until creamy. Mix this mixture with the dough.
- Remove a third of the dough and mix it with the cocoa.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Pour the cocoa mixture into the loaf tin and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Then cut the cake into slices two fingers wide.
- Take a biscuit cutter (in this case, a Christmas tree) and cut Christmas trees out of the slices.
- Take another loaf tin and add a thin layer of dough. Then line up the cut-out Christmas trees on the layer of dough like an army. Pour the rest of the dough into the tin, making sure to cover the Christmas trees.
- Bake at 180 °C for about 45 minutes. After baking, leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Decorate as desired, e.g. use icing to draw a Christmas tree on the cake. Serve on the king’s cake plate from the Toy's Delight Royal Classic collection and enjoy. Bon appétit!