Forest mushrooms à la crème with bread dumplings
1. Cut the rolls into small cubes and pour on boiling milk. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the parsley leaves from the stalks and chop finely and add to the bread mixture with egg and knead. Season with nutmeg.
2. Finely dice the onions. Melt the butter in a pan, sauté the diced onions in it, then add to the bread mixture, knead well and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms and cut into halves or quarters again, depending on their size.
4. Shape the mixture into small dumplings and place into boiling water. Bring to a boil once, then leave to stand for about 6 minutes. Lift out the dumplings, drain well, then toss in a little foaming butter.
5. Peel the shallots, finely dice and lightly sauté in clarified butter in a large pan. Add the mushrooms, fry briefly, then deglaze with Madeira, pour on cream and stock and let it boil a little.
6. Season the mushroom ragout with salt, pepper and slightly bind with some cornflour mixture. Divide the creamy mushrooms into deep plates. Arrange 2-3 small dumplings on top of each portion and serve.