1. Cut the lamb and sombrasada into small pieces, mix in a bowl with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 1 hour.
2. Stir the lard, oil and egg yolks into a creamy mixture and gradually stir in 7 fl oz of warm water and flour.
3. Form the dough into 8 balls and roll them flat into circles with a diameter of 4" that can be halved.
4. Fill one half with meat and peas, then enclose the filling with the other half of the dough by pressing the sides together with your fingers or a fork.
5. Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F and arrange the empanadas on a baking sheet. Don't forget to put a small hole in the center of each one to let the steam escape during cooking. After 30 minutes in the oven they should have turned a golden-brown color and can be served hot or cold.