Pan-fried scallops with green asparagus, leek and saffron foam
1. Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic and saute in 1 tbsp butter until translucent. Add the white wine and saffron threads and simmer over a medium heat for five minutes. Add the fish stock and bring to the boil. Pour in the cream, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. PureÅLe with a hand blender until very smooth.
2. Wash the asparagus and chop off the ends if they are woody. Bring a large pan of water to the boil with 1–2 tsp salt, approx. 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Blanch the asparagus for about three minutes, and then remove and rinse with cold water.
3. Wash and clean the leek and cut into thin strips. Wash the seaweed and drain.
4. Fry the asparagus in butter for approximately two minutes, turning regularly. Add the leek and seaweed and season with sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Wash and dry the scallops and season with salt. Next, fry in hot oil for about two minutes on each side. Heat the saffron foam and froth with the hand blender.
6. Spoon the asparagus, leek, seaweed and vegetable mix onto plates and arrange the scallops on top. Drizzle a little saffron foam over the vegetables and the plate.